The programme focuses on European culture in the broad sense, including politics, history, geography, law and stresses Europe in the wider world.
September – June, 2 years
Structure of the programme:
- first semester (Home university – Olomouc)
- second semester (Host university – Europe)
- third semester (Home/Host/Third country university/Internship)
- fourth semester (Home/Host university)
MA (Double degree with partner universities)
Georg-August University, Göttingen (DE), Deusto University, Bilbao (E), University of Strasbourg (F), Udine University (IT), University of Groningen (NL), Jagiellonian University, Kraków (PL), Uppsala University (S), University of Pune (India), Osaka University (Japan), UNAM, Mexico City (Mexico), IUPUI Indianapolis (USA).
- Erasmus Mundus grant applications: January 10th
Self-financing students: application period starts after January 10th, and it contain of three rounds:
Early bird (recommended): March 1st
Second round: April 1st (also last deadline for non-EU/EEA applications)
Third round: May 1st (after this date some universities might accept self-funding students on rolling basis)
- a first higher education degree (Bachelor’s degree) in a discipline of relevance to the fields of European culture and history etc.
- languages skills: English is a precondition (see our website), other European languages are taken into consideration in the selection process
- study mobility periods abroad and practical experience in European and/or international organisations and institutions is valued
- completed application form
- for further formal requirements see http://euroculture.upol.cz/how-to-apply/requirements/
TOEFL Paper-based: 580; TOEFL Internet-based: 92
IELTS: minimum overall score 6.5, with no subcomponent (listening, reading, writing, speaking) scoring lower than 6
CAE Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English: C1; Cambridge Proficiency in English: C2
lectures, seminars, internships.
About the School
It is the university, together with a number of other educational institutions that makes Olomouc the top student city in the Czech Republic – where every fifth person in the city is a student!