University of Canberra has an array of Scholarships Available for International Students.
Engineer your own career advancement
If you are an engineering graduate looking to gain an advanced qualification in your field, then you really can’t go past our master’s degree. With a strong emphasis on Work Integrated Learning (WIL) and real-world problem solving, you will undertake a major research project, allowing you to implement high-quality information systems.
Combining this with the course’s 12 weeks of practical work experience will provide you with the ability to meet the intricate demands of the information and telecommunications industries. You will graduate ready to impress in a senior position within your specialisation, whether you have chosen a network or software engineering path to follow.
Study a Master of Engineering at UC and you will:
- gain an advanced understanding of the specialisation (either networking engineering or software engineering) including the principles to design, develop, operate and evaluate systems
- demonstrate a conceptual and comprehensive understanding of mathematics, electronics and signal processing
- design, implement and evaluate software engineering/network engineering projects which address contemporary and complex issues
- distinguish which engineering principles are appropriate to use in the solution of complex technological (software/networking) problems
- creatively apply relevant theories and techniques of data communication networks or software engineering to the interpretation, analysis and solution of technological problems.
Work Integrated Learning
UC works hard to foster close industry connections, with the course content reviewed annually by our Course Advisory Group, made up of a panel of industry experts, and collaborations with industry partners who can provide you with work placement positions and training opportunities.
You will undertake a minimum of 12 weeks of professional work placement as part of the faculty’s commitment to Work Integrated Learning (WIL), which will enhance your employability and ensure you are armed with the right mix of skills and knowledge to take a confident leap into your future career. Previous students have undertaken internships with companies including Intelledox, Omni Executive, Pursuit Technology, Qirx, Fujitsu Australia, Birdsnest, Agsafe, ThoughtPatterns Consulting, ESKAPEE, HydroAlgorithmics, ALLBIDS, VerveEd.com, Emanate Technology, Xero Australia and the Australian Taxation Office.
In your final year, you will complete a capstone research project, producing and implementing a real-world engineering solution for a local business, government or community organisation.
- Software engineer
- Network engineer
- Software and hardware programmer
- Network and systems administrator
- IT project manager
- Games developer
- Business or systems analyst
- Database programmer
- IoT (Internet of Things) specialist
- ICT security engineer
- Software and network engineering consultant
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning engineer
Applicants need to have completed a four-year Bachelor of Engineering degree, or equivalent, or a three-year bachelor’s degree accredited by Engineers Australia at a Technologist level, or equivalent, or have completed the following University of Canberra degrees:
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Science with a major in either Software Engineering or Network Engineering.
Accreditation with Engineers Australia at Professional Engineer level is being pursued.
A 4 year Bachelor of Engineering degree or equivalent, or a 3-year bachelor degree accredited by Engineers Australia at Technologist level or equivalent. Or, graduates from the following University of Canberra degrees: Bachelor of Information Technology, 322AA; or Bachelor of Software Engineering, 560AA; or Bachelor of Science, 392AB with Major in Software Engineering or Network Engineering.
English Language Requirements
Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0
About the School
The University of Canberra is a vibrant government university where your future is what matters most. We are recognised internationally, ranked in the top 100 young universities in the world and have ... Read More