Master of Management Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Antwerp Management School
EUR 18,750 / per course
31 Aug 2023
Earliest start date
11 Sep 2023
Are you or do you want to become a problem solver and creative thinker? Do you want to create new things that matter to society? Our Master in Innovation & Entrepreneurship will prepare you for a future as a succesful innovator or entrepreneur.
AMS is on a mission… to educate and support people from all over the world who want to create new things that matter for society.
This curriculum prepares you for a future as a successful and innovative entrepreneur in your own start-up or an innovator in an existing company. A mix of professors, top entrepreneurs, senior managers and experienced investors will help you by teaching you how to use state-of-the-art theories to understand and predict reality, evaluate opportunities and build and grow sustainable businesses. As soon as you start the program, you will work on your own start-up idea or use similar techniques to work out innovative concepts within an existing business.
Develop an innovative mindset
A team of top investors and design thinking coaches supplemented with successful seasoned entrepreneurs in residence will guide you throughout all the steps in the development of an upcoming, innovative business. By using various interactive pedagogic instruments like workshops, case studies, simulations, exercises, video-analysis and life cases, the course stimulates active learning and thorough understanding. As a result, you will develop the creative attitude and innovation skills of an enterprising leader, whether that is of your own start-up or as an innovator in an existing company. After completing the program, you have all the tools to score in the international job market or to start up your own company.
You will be studying with people from all over the world. You will be going to Milan to learn all about business design thinking. You will be going on an international growth strategy trip: every year another destination. In 2019 the students went to Lisbon, Zürich, and Stockholm. In 2020 trips to Barcelona, New York and Tel Aviv were planned but organized virtually. We are resilient and one way or another, we will give you a top learning international experience.
Learning by doing
This is a hands-on, "learning by doing" program: you will dive straight into practical training.
Experience what it is like to develop a start-up / corporate idea: you will be “learning by doing”.
Personal contacts are made with real entrepreneurs, seasoned investors and top managers to enable you to obtain a realistic idea of what it’s like to actually build a business of your own or innovate an existing business in today’s global context.
The MIE program has brought fourth more than 80 start-ups.
After successful completion of the program, you will receive an official and internationally accredited Master of Science (MSc) degree issued by Antwerp Management School ; ‘Master in Management: Innovation and Entrepreneurship'.
Personal development journey: Global Leadership Skills
Module I: INSPIRE
- Start-up Bootcamp
- Creative Thinking
- Technologies of Tomorrow
Module II: BUILD
- Advanced Finance for Innovation
- Entrepreneurial Strategy
- Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Business Design Thinking – Milan innovation sprint
Module III: GROW
- Digital Marketing
- Entrepreneurial Selling
- Growth Strategy – Ecosystem trip
(Business Planning and Business Modeling included)
Note: Curriculum is subject to change, depending on the evolution of the Corona pandemic.
Studying in Milan
In Poli Design (Consorzio del Politecnico di Milano), the world’s best school in Design Thinking, you will spend a week learning techniques that will be immediately implemented in practice. During three weeks you will work full-time on a design-related exercise for an international company, the so-called “innovation sprint”.
All master’s programs offer 1 full week of elective courses
Electives are all about immersing yourself into
… the impact of new technologies
- Digital Transformation
- Organizing the digital future
… the globalized world
- Geopolitical Challenges
- International Strategy
… leading and managing others, enabling human impact
- Human Capital
… how to solve complex problems
- Global Industry Crisis/Challenges – (e.g. healthcare management under covid, aviation crisis to a greener future)
… think about new ways to create & capture value
- Designing business models for future growth
- Business Model Innovation
Electives for Master in Finance – open for everyone
- Real Estate Finance
- Programming in R
By adding one of these general and hot management courses, students can give their AMS journey a personal touch!
You will be working on an in-company project ( a venture building project) or on your own start-up for eight months. Whatever you choose, you will directly put theory into practice: Throughout these eight months you will be investigating and challenging the potential of business ideas by transforming them in real business cases, including a market research, a product-market fit business model, a sound financial plan and ambitious go-to market strategy.
The AACSB and NVAO accreditations awarded to Antwerp Management School clearly demonstrate AMS’ permanent attention to quality education. AMS is also listed in the Financial Times Rankings and the School takes into account the principles of responsible management education as presented by PRME.
Our EMBA has just climbed 10 steps in the Financial Times Ranking and is now n° 45 worldwide.
Our master's programs are highly ranked in Eduniversal Rankings en QS World University Rankings. In the QS World University Rankings, you can find our programs in the top 10 Best value for money.
Eduniversal Master Ranking 2021:
N°15 in Entrepreneurship
This program was one of the first in his kind worldwide and improved every year in the rankings. Now it is among the best 30 entrepreneurship master's in the world.
After attending this program:
- you have acquired state-of-the-art knowledge of, and practice with digital & disruptive business models, design thinking, innovation strategy and management, lean start-up methods and tools and marketing & finance for new entrepreneurs and innovators;
- innovation and entrepreneurship will be part of your DNA;
- you have developed the creative mindset and innovation skills of an entrepreneurial leader;
- you are able to identify future opportunities faster and to evaluate them more thoroughly so that you can make the right strategic decisions;
- you know how to turn a creative idea into a sustainable successful product or service within an existing company or your own start-up;
- you have broadened your network by meeting entrepreneurs, corporate innovators and CEOs of innovative companies during the corporate workshops, innovation and entrepreneurship labs and Master Project.
Program Tuition Fee
- You are recently graduated and have little or no work experience
- You have an interest in starting up your own company in the short or long term
- OR you have a real interest in how to run innovation projects in organizations or how to turn innovative ideas into new products or services within existing companies
- You are open-minded in creativity as well as in working/collaborating with people from all over the world