MIM - Master in Management - Major in International Business and Strategy ESSCA School of Management
Make the Whole World Your Market
The master’s in International Business equips graduates with knowledge and skills that enable them to deal successfully with the challenges of global competition and the emergence of a multicultural world. The final specialization semester focuses on international trade and global markets. It is designed for students interested in business internationalization and careers in international trade.
Our degree will help you develop intellectual and personal skills which are highly valued by employers, ensuring that you stand out as an exceptional candidate in the global marketplace. ESSCA’s international profile and strong links with local and international business means we can offer our graduates unrivaled opportunities to become leaders in their fields and make valuable contributions to society.
Upon graduation almost 90% of graduates found a job after three months; 86% of them were employed by the company of their choice.
The program has been designed for students from all over the world who:
- Have obtained a first degree (bachelor’s) and ideally have some professional experience thanks to a first job or in-company internships.
- Candidates with a non-business background are welcomed to this program.
- Have a real international outlook, a coherent professional project, and open-mindedness to people from different cultural backgrounds.
The first year of the program requires students to study in two different locations — Angers and either Shanghai or Budapest. These semesters deal with the economic, monetary, social, and cultural processes of a world in motion and aim to provide students with skills essential to careers in international business.
Semester A - Budapest
Semester A -Shanghai
- Leadership and Strategy
- Country Risk Analysis
- Business and Market Dynamics
- European Integration & Business Environment
- International Strategic Management
- Business Communication in an International Environment
- French Language
- International Project Management
- International Corporate Strategies
- International Trade Legal Environment
- French Language
- International Sales
- International Sales Development
- International Trade Marketing
- Sourcing and Purchasing
- Global SCM
- International Sourcing and Purchasing
Semester D: Applied Research Semester
During this semester, students complete:
- A six-month in-company internship;
- A master’s thesis based on a concrete topic of International Business in coherence with the student’s professional project and including significant empirical work. The thesis is written under the regular supervision of a faculty member.
Scholarships and Funding
ESSCA’s goal is to recognize and recruit the most talented individuals wherever they may be, regardless of their background or financial situation. We acknowledge that the choice to study abroad is not only an academic decision but also a financial one. Unlike some other business schools, where international students pay much higher tuition than domestic students, there is no difference between tuition for French and international students at ESSCA.
If you apply before January 31st you can automatically benefit from 15% off the tuition fees for the first year of the MIM program.
Indeed, you can apply for our Master’s Excellence Scholarships for postgraduate students. ESSCA Scholarships Commission can also recognize outstanding candidate/s who will be awarded a President’s Tuition Award.
ESSCA is ranked 56th in the world for Management studies by the Financial Times 2020 and just 1% of business schools in the world to hold AACSB, AMBA, and EQUIS accreditation.
38th Master's ranked for a salary increase in percentage 3 years after graduation. Financial Times ranking, 2020.