Master of Science in Business Administration with a Major in Business Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Lucerne School of Business – Management Programs
4 - 8 semesters
CHF 800 / per semester *
Earliest start date
18 Sep 2023
* Enrolment fee: CHF 250
Develop ideas for products and services and introduce them to the market
The Major in Business Innovation & Entrepreneurship equips students with the skills and tools entrepreneurs need in an international business world. In this major, you will cultivate the entrepreneurial skills necessary to develop and launch businesses in organisations or your own startup.
In this program you will:
- learn to develop a business idea and launch it successfully onto the market
- receive a practically oriented, research-based education in entrepreneurship
- benefit from small teaching groups and class sizes
Decision-makers of tomorrow
Graduates of the Major Business Innovation & Entrepreneurship are the decision-makers of tomorrow and are fit to solve challenging problems in their day-to-day business, to structure complex situations, and to operationalize them profitably. Aside from your specialized major, a Master of Science in Business Administration means you are prepared to work in a variety of fields thanks to your well-rounded and versatile education from the Lucerne School of Business.
Two Master's Degrees
Two master's degrees from two different institutions are an added value in themselves because of the enriching experience and the additional master's degree from a university outside Switzerland. At the Lucerne School of Business, students can benefit from agreements with partner universities that allow them to study for two degrees for the price of (not very much more than) one. The following link gives detailed information on the options for a second degree on the basis of study abroad for students majoring in Business Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
Duration of studies
- Fast-track study program: 3 semesters
- Regular study program: 4 semesters
- Extended study program: 6 - 8 semesters
- Employment up to a half-time job is possible in conjunction with the study program.
- For international students: the study workload demands a commitment of 25 contact hours per week (lectures, group-work exercises, projects)
- Students can still change their major during the first semester. Other majors include: Online Business and Marketing, Public and Nonprofit Management, Tourism, and People Management and Organization
The Lucerne School of Business further offers Finance and Real Estate programs.
The MSc in Business Administration with a Major in Business Innovation & Entrepreneurship is focused on developing students’ abilities to put ideas into practice. By the time they graduate, they should be in a position to develop a business idea with partners from industry or elsewhere and launch an innovative product or service onto the marketplace.
Field of activity
Graduates holding a master's degree are in a position to assume the following roles:
- founder of their own start-up
- project manager
- product manager
- key-account manager
- qualified–support manager
- business development adviser