Since 1991, the International Training Centre of the ILO has offered postgraduate learning opportunities in disciplines of interest to an international audience of recent graduates and career professionals.
Over the last 10 years and in partnership with UN agencies and academic institutions, the Turin School of Development gradually expanded its portfolio of Masters and other Postgraduate Programmes. In Academic Year 2019-2020, ten programs are offered as follows:
- LL.M in International Trade Law
- LL.M in Intellectual Property
- Master in Management of Development
- Master of World Heritage and Cultural Projects for Development
- Master in Public Procurement Management for Sustainable Development
- Master of Applied Labour Economics for Development
- Master in Occupational Safety and Health in the Workplace
- Master's Programme in Industrial and Employment Relations
- Master in Social Innovation for Sustainable Development
- Master en gouvernance et management des marchés publics en appui au développement durable (delivered in French)
The Turin School of Development has developed a solid reputation for being truly international in the management, design, and delivery of these programs. Each program is co-managed by an international organization in its field of competence and the learning modules are delivered by a faculty of prominent professors, senior experts, and practitioners from around the globe.
The goal of our Masters and Postgraduate Programmes
Our objective is to provide multi-disciplinary postgraduate learning opportunities with targeted content and effective delivery modalities which are conducive to imparting the essential competencies needed for dealing with today’s social, economic, and environmental priorities at national and global levels.
The learning offers of the Turin School of Development are not intended to be in direct competition with similar programs offered by universities. They are selected and designed with a perspective of “differentiation” through a combination of features like:
- full involvement of specialized UN agencies and distinguished professional bodies in program design, delivery, and supervision.
- the intensive delivery that meets the learning requirements of a European Master; this is possible through an optimal combination of distance learning with face-to-face interaction, applied project development, and research work.
- comprehensive coverage of the full range of technical competencies and professional skills for specific jobs in today’s knowledge economy.
- the possibility of an internship with one of our institutional UN or professional partners.