MSc Entrepreneurship and Innovation
University of Sussex Business School
Brighton, United Kingdom
1 - 2 year
Full time, Part time
GBP 22,500 / per year *
01 Aug 2023
Earliest start date
* full-time international students | £13,135/year for full-time home/Channel Islands and Isle of Man students
- Duration: 1 year full-time
- Start date: September 2023
- Apply by: 1 August 2023 (international), 1 September 2023 (UK)
Entrepreneurial skills are essential for career success – whether in small and medium-sized enterprises, your own business or on project-based venture teams in large companies.
Our Entrepreneurship and Innovation MSc combines state-of-the-art academic knowledge with practical skills. You’ll learn to design, manage and grow new ventures in a challenging business world.
You’ll learn from and network with visiting speakers. These include entrepreneurs running successful and innovative social and commercial enterprises.
You’ll also benefit from our close collaboration with the Sussex Innovation Centre, NatWest Entrepreneur Accelerator and local organisations that offer strategic advice for entrepreneurs, start-ups and innovative growing companies.
The University of Sussex Business School is accredited by EQUIS, the most comprehensive institutional accreditation system for business and management schools. Accreditation ensures rigorous quality control, benchmarking against international standards and is acknowledged worldwide.
Open up a range of career options. Our MSc is for you if you aim to work in:
- Self-employment, or manage your own venture;
- An entrepreneurial position in an international organisation;
- Entrepreneurial ventures in the public/private/third sector (for example universities and research institutes);
- Business development consultancy.
Full-time and part-time study
Choose to study this course full-time or part-time, to fit around your work and personal life.
We’re planning to run these modules in the academic year 2023/24. However, there may be changes to these modules in response to COVID-19, or due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. It may not be possible to take some module combinations due to timetabling constraints. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of material changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
Core modules are taken by all students in the course. They give you a solid grounding in your chosen subject and prepare you to explore the topics that interest you most.
- Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice
- Leading, Managing and Developing People
- Managing Innovation
- Strategic Design Thinking for Market Value
- New Venture Creation and Simulation
- Research Methods (International Management)
- Research Project (Entrepreneurship and Innovation)
Alongside your core modules, you can choose options to broaden your horizons and tailor your course to your interests. This list gives you a flavour of our options, which are kept under review and may change, for example in response to student feedback or the latest research.
While it’s our aim for students to take their preferred combinations of options, this can’t be guaranteed and will be subject to timetabling. Options may be grouped and if so, students will be able to choose a set number of options from the selection available in any particular group.
- Digital Transformations and Innovation
- Marketing Management
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Innovation in the Creative Economy
- Managing Intellectual Property
- Marketing and Communications in the Digital Era
- Strategic Entrepreneurship
We’ll make all reasonable efforts to provide you with the courses, services and facilities described in this prospectus. However, we may need to make changes due to significant disruption, for example in response to COVID-19.
- 1st in the UK for annual research income in 2020/21 (Chartered Association of Business Schools)
- 3rd in the UK in the field of Innovation (Research Papers in Economics 2021)
- 13th in the UK for Business and Economics (The Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject 2022)
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
Our aim is to ensure that every student who wants to study with us is able to despite financial barriers so that we continue to attract talented and unique individuals.
Working while you study
Our Careers and Employability Centre can help you find part-time work while you study.