About the faculty
Why us? Successful career, interesting work or own business, excellent employment in the labor market, financial freedom, fulfillment of life dreams. Start up your career in electrical engineering - the whole world runs on electricity and can never do without electrical engineers!
Study in the heart of Europe! Admissions for the academic year 2022/2023 will be open in January 2022.
Faculty of Electrical Engineering is a part of the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen, which was established in 1991 as a successor to the original Technical University with a tradition dating back to 1949. Faculty is divided into five departments and one R&D center:
- Department of Electronics and Information Technology (KEI),
- Department of Power Engineering (KEE),
- Department of Electrical and Computational Engineering (KEP),
- Department of Materials and Technology (KET),
- Department of Power Electronics and Machines (KEV),
- Research and Innovation Centre for Electrical Engineering
Graduates of the Faculty are top experts with a high level of acquired knowledge and competencies. They will gain professional and practical skills, managerial and critical thinking. They achieve successful careers as experts in electrical engineering, material science, IT, robotics, and other fields across disciplines, and also in key managerial positions. The quality of this prospective education is confirmed by zero unemployment of our graduates.
Our diplomas are world-wide recognized and the key employers of our graduates are, for example, Siemens, Skoda Auto, ZF Engineering, ABB, Skoda Transportation, EATON, ZAT Bosch, Daikin, CEZ, E-ON, Brush, Witte Automotive, and many others.
We offer university education in bachelor, master, and doctoral study programs:
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (3 years)
- Master of Electrical Power Engineering (2 years)
- Master of Electronics and Information Technology (2 years)
- Master of Material and Technologies for Electrical Engineering (2 years)
- Ph.D. study program takes 4 years and is based on the Individual study plan and doctoral thesis on a selected topic.
In the field of research, development, and innovation, the faculty focuses on solving basic and applied research projects. The Faculty has long-term experience in solving a number of national and international grant projects and contract research projects and long-term cooperation with major industrial partners at the national and international level.
Why to go study at FEE?
- Interesting and career-oriented study programs
- Strong labour-market prospects, 0% unemployment rate
- Opportunity to participate in research projects at the faculty
- Possibility to travel and study abroad
- Individual approach to each student and well-functioning study coordinators
- Are you also interested in law, management, art or sports, etc.? UWB has 9 faculties – you can add any course of any faculty to your study program
Electrical engineering is inseparably connected with our lives. Capture your chance and come study it.
Do you wanna be successful? We will teach you how.