ESFAM has been the prompt and adequate response of the institutional Francophonie and the Republic of Bulgaria to the training needs of the high-level executives of the countries of the Central and Eastern European region, which, after 1990, faced difficult management problems. of the transition. The decision to create the ESFAM was taken by the 5th Summit of Heads of State and Government with French Sharing (Mauritius, October 1993).
The integration of a significant number of the countries of the region into the European Union, as well as the increasing complexity of the international environment, requires the leaders to understand not only the functioning of organizations and the business world, but also manage this complexity. Innovation, risk management, information security, competitiveness, skills management, etc., are today the daily life of any organization. Through its teaching activities, ESFAM has been training highly qualified managers for 19 years, with a spirit of initiative, a sense of responsibility and solidarity.
Initially open to the countries of Central and Eastern Europe, ESFAM has today become a pole of academic excellence with an international vocation, a reference in French education in economics and management.
The ESFAM courses are at Master 2 level in organization management:
- Master in Law-Economics-Management, specialization in Management and Business Administration, organized in partnership with the University of Nantes (France) ;
- Master's degree and expertise in public action, professional experience and research, organized in partnership with Université Toulouse 1 Capitole
- Master's degree in Law, Economics and Management specialization Social and solidarity economy, organized in partnership with Lyon 2 University (France) ;
- Master in Law-Economics-Management Specialty Cultural Industries, organized in partnership with Lyon 2 University (France) ;
- Master's degree in Management, specialization Public Management, course:
- European affairs management
- Management of public institutions
Organized in partnership with the University of Liège (Belgium) :
- Master in Sustainable Territorial Development, specialization in Tourism and Leisure Management, organized in partnership with the University of Corsica Pascuale Paoli (France) and the Cadi Ayyad University of Marrakech (Kingdom of Morocco) .
- Master International Transports, specialization Central and Eastern Europe, organized in partnership with the University Paris 1 Pantheon Sorbonne (France) .
Student recruitment is done at BAC 4 level (240 ECTS) . The duration of the training is of an academic year. The courses are taught in Sofia by university professors and professionals from different countries of the French-speaking world. The pedagogical approach is based on an interactive approach, focusing on case studies, situational exercises and solving practical problems.
Training at ESFAM is free. Studies, the cost of which is comparable to that of European universities and colleges, are subsidized by the Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie. Only the student remains in charge of a contribution of 750 euros per year to finance housing in the university residence, medical insurance and transportation of the residence to the School.
Under certain conditions, students can benefit from scholarships financed by various organizations (Government of Bulgaria, AWEX-WBI, European Institutions)