Introducing the University
LUT University is a pioneering science university in Finland, bringing together the fields of science and business since 1969.
Our international community is composed of approximately 6,000 students and experts engaged in scientific research and academic education.
Clean energy and water, circular economy and sustainable business are the key questions of humankind to which LUT seeks solutions through technology and business.
Our expertise in energy is reflected in our Green Campus, a unique research and study environment.
LUT has a tradition of strong links with the business community. The Finnish business journal "Talouselämä" has ranked LUT as the best university in business technology cooperation in Finland. We promote business generated by scientific research. This is demonstrated by the university's own investment company Green Campus Innovations, which supports LUT's research-based start-up companies.
We aim to be a forerunner in education by securing international quality labels for our degree programmes as a sign of excellence in teaching.
Our work supports our values: the courage to succeed, the passion for innovation through science, and the will to build well-being.
We are committed to an alternative path
- To energy solutions that favour renewables
- To a waste-free world, where we recycle everything
- To clean water for all
- To sustainable and smart business models
- To the promotion of new green-collar entrepreneurship to boost growth in Europe
- Energy markets and solar economy
- Energy conversion and storage technologies
- Sustainability science
- Water purification and reuse
- Processing of secondary and renewable raw materials
- Products and life cycle assessment
Sustainable business and entrepreneurship
- Innovation and sustainable value creation
- SMEs and international entrepreneurship
- Business analytics and decision-making
- Digitalisation of businesses
- Digitalisation and data science
- Focus area research in the Russian context and with the best Russian partners
We train the next generation of entrepreneurial problem-solvers who have a sense of responsible curiosity and who are willing and able to transform challenges into opportunities, seizing and shaping the business environment of tomorrow. We use state-of-the-art teaching methods. Our graduates' employment rate tops that of other universities.
Research in high gear
We are committed to excellence. This translates into high-quality research with a significant impact and visibility and into successful competition for funding. We work together with the best possible international partners. We recruit the top candidates internationally.
We contribute to providing answers to today's important societal challenges. We are the first Finnish entrepreneurial university which meets OECD and the European Commission criteria. We are consolidating our position among the world's best universities.
- Courage to succeed
- Passion for innovation through science
- Will to build well-being
Programs taught in: