Created in 1872 and based in Lyon, France, with multiple international campuses, emlyon business school is a top European business school devoted to lifelong learning for entrepreneurial and international management. The institution is ranked in the top 100 in the world for Global Employability (#2 Business School in France, #64 in the world) by The Times Higher Education and stands out among the few business schools worldwide awarded three international accreditations (AMBA, EQUIS, and AACSB).
With a by-line based on the “early maker” concept whereby students are highly encouraged to develop their entrepreneurial spirit and experiment, an emlyon business school is a place where you nurture your ideas to make them a reality. Today, being a maker means controlling your destiny, being the actor and entrepreneur of your existence, and moving from Do-It-Yourself to Do-It-Together in a spirit of collaboration. This concept reflects emlyon business school’s vision of the entrepreneur: an individual, who tries, experiments, makes mistakes, starts again and learns as they go. The entrepreneur from emlyon business school is a maker and an early mover. He is an early maker.
Its know-how in training is based both on theory and on day-to-day company management.
Its distinctive quality is founded on teaching innovation and an entrepreneurial approach to management education.
- emlyon business school is located in pleasant rural surroundings only 15 minutes from the center of Lyon. The modern buildings located in a large 18-acre park provide 30,000m² of office and teaching space equipped with a WIFI network.
- Shanghai campus - The economic boom in China, the world's 3rd largest economic power and the gradual integration of Asian economic and cultural models in the globalization process have drastically altered traditional western perception.
- An ultra-connected and innovative site, the Paris campus is part of emlyon business school’s globalization approach.The 5,500 m² Haussmann-style campus is located in the heart of Paris, next to "Gare de Lyon" train station.
- the emlyon business school also has a campus located in Saint Etienne, France, and Casablanca, Morocco.
Moreover, the cultural references in Europe and in the English-speaking world are in China confronted with values and approaches that are totally different. Keeping these observations in mind, this campus aims at exposing the students to the Chinese culture in particular and to the East Asian culture in general.
Faculty Composition and Organization
The Faculty is made up of 113 full-time professors and organized in 4 departments :
- Markets and Innovation
- Strategy and Organisation
- Economics, Finance, Control
- Management, Law and Human Resources
School rankings: The Times Higher Education #2 Business School in France #64 in the world Global Employability University Ranking 2015
23, av. Guy de Collongue
69134 Lyon, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France
2F, Global Education Center, East China Normal University
N°3663 Zhong Shan North Road
200062 Shanghai, Shanghai, China
15 Boulevard Diderot
75012 Paris, Île-de-France, France