Located just 20 minutes from the center of Vilnius, Mykolas Romeris University (MRU) is one of largest and most international universities in Lithuania, currently having around 7,000 students from 74 countries. The university offers programs fully taught in English for international students at all levels - from Bachelor’s to PhDs in the field of Social Sciences and Informatics.
University closely cooperates with 300 universities, public and private institutions and is MRU is an active member of many international organizations: International Association of Universities, European University Association, European Association for International Education, European-Asian Knowledge Consortium Social Technologies for Smart and Inclusive Society, etc.
According to QS world University rankings (EECA 2021) Mykolas Romeris University improved by 10 places and takes honorable 132nd place while in QS ranking by subject 2020 in Law MRU was ranked between 250 best Universities in the world.
Reasons to study at MRU
- Progressive, Dynamic, Modern virtual learning platforms
- Multicultural environment
- Many services are completely free of charge: a huge parking lot, sports halls and gyms, foreign languages courses, song bands, dance and theatre studios, basketball team, wireless internet, cultural and educational activities etc.
- Low living expenses (350-400 EUR/month with accommodation at University Students house)
- A library that works even at night
- Free introductory week for international students (informational seminars, trips, tours, cultural events)
- A student visa allowing to travel all over the Schengen area
- Scholarships for full degree seeking students and for international mobility (for studies and for internship)
- European diplomas, which are easily recognized all over the world
- King Sejong Institute where students can learn the Korean language and culture for free
- One of the fastest public wifi in the world
- Beautiful cosy Vilnius; fresh, clean air (cleanest in Europe)
- Accommodation: Yes, offered for all international students
- Where: On campus, 5 minutes on foot to come to the main University building
- Price: 85-200 EUR per month
- The beginning of Studies: September 1st.
Application Procedure and Required Documents
Follow 4 steps:
- Fill out the online application form at apply.mruni.eu
- Upload required documents
- Secure your registration by paying the application fee
- Submit your application
- Educational documents
- For Bachelor degree-seeking students: Certified true copies of secondary education diploma or high education diploma with the transcript of academic records. Documents must be officially translated into the Lithuanian or the English language.
- Note: Additional educational documents (such as the results of state examinations or pre-University education) might be required according to the applicant's country of residence.
- For Masters degree-seeking students: Certified true copies of university transcript and diploma (a candidate must have a University Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent first university degree with a minimum 3-year study duration). Documents must be officially translated into the Lithuanian or the English language.
- Document proving results of the English language proficiency.
- For Bachelor degree-seeking students: at least level B1; assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B1: TOEFL Paper 477-510, TOEFL IBT 53-64, IELTS 4.5-5.0, PTE level
- For Master degree-seeking students: at least level B2, assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B2: TOEFL Paper 513-547, TOEFL IBT 65-78, IELTS 5.5-6.0.
- Note: in case you do not have IELTS or TOEFL, there is a possibility to take the online English language level test organized by the University. You should choose this option when filling the application. There is no additional fee for this test.
- Passport copy
- Passport type photo.
Application for studies 2021/2022 (autumn intake) will start from 1st of January, 2021.
Main application deadline - 31st of May, 2021.
Additional admission for the citizens of EU Member States and the countries of the visa-free travel regime for entry into the Republic of Lithuania, as well as citizens of the countries requiring visas for entry into the Republic of Lithuania where there are Embassies of the Republic of Lithuania will be organized as well.