Harrisburg University of Science and Technology: Discovery Starts Here
Innovation makes the world go round, and Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is turning the wheel. Here, imagination and science merge to incubate ideas and formulate life-changing breakthroughs.
HU professors and students harness their passions to take journeys of discovery. Their recipe for success blends rigorous research, academic wisdom, and real-world know-how. Together, they develop mind-blowing technologies, sought after commercial products, efficient processes, and valuable intellectual properties.
Why Study at Harrisburg University?
Innovative by design
Many of the fastest-growing careers in the economy are the technology sector and for good reason: businesses, public organizations, and individuals depend on technology more than ever. Harrisburg University of Science and Technology prepares you to make your mark in this ever-evolving field through master’s degree programs that teach you:
- The latest theories and concepts in your field
- Practical strategies for applying those concepts
- Collaborative working capabilities
- Advanced quantitative analysis skills
- Managerial-level decision-making
An Emphasis on Experience
A major part of Harrisburg University’s mission is to connect our educational programs to the concrete needs of the professional world. That’s why we focus on providing experiential degree programs that help you synthesize the concepts you learn across the curriculum and put them to work.
Our instructors hold advanced degrees and advanced career experience in the fields they teach, so you will benefit from their seasoned insights even as you form your own.
Employer-Approved Course Content
Additionally, we know our degree programs teach the skills and capabilities that major employers in the field want. That’s because we’ve asked for their input. Our Employer Advisory Board includes companies such as IBM and LinkedIn.
Their commentary helps us hone the focus of our courses to ensure you graduate equipped to meet the needs of today’s technology workplaces.
In addition to advanced course content and an enhanced connection to the world of work, Harrisburg University goes the extra mile to ensure our students are making an affordable investment. Our highly-competitive tuition prices compare favorably with many other private colleges.
are born at Harrisburg University, where research sparks innovation and propels advancements in our students, faculty, community, and the world.
We have inspiring stories to tell:
- Improving humanity through science and technology. We’re creating a ground-breaking test to detect dementia in its early stages. Some students are working with the prestigious National Institutes of Health to uncover the origins of video gaming addiction.
- Increasing food production and enhancing the environment. One HU professor’s startup using water-sensing technology to increase crop yields has attracted $2.3 million in venture capital. Our digital dashboard of water-quality data gives environmental stewards fresh insights into the information that drives their decisions.
- Overcoming racial, gender, and socioeconomic barriers to learning. A unique mobile game created by HU students and their professors teaches astronomy even while it probes the differences that students bring to learning through mobile devices.
These are just a few of the exciting breakthroughs happening every day at Harrisburg University.
2019-2020 Academic Rankings
- #1 STEM University in the USA (Corporate Livewire Magazine)
- #1 International University of the year (U.S. Academic Insights Magazine)
- #1 Best for Team-Based Learning in Project Management (OnlineMasters.com)
- #2 Best Colleges in U.S. for Students from India (Higher Education Review)
- #8 Best Masters in Project Management (OnlineMasters.com)
- #8 Most Affordable Online Master’s in Data Science (DataScienceDegreePrograms.net)
- #10 Top Globally Accredited Project Management Programs (PMI: Project Management Institute)
- #21 Most Innovative Regional University in the North (U.S. News and World Report)
- #25 Best Data Science Degree Programs
The Harrisburg University Story
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is a private, non-profit, fully-accredited educational institution that offers undergraduate, and graduate degree programs in the STEM fields. Harrisburg University opened its doors on August 25th, 2001 making it the youngest university in Pennsylvania. Harrisburg welcomed its first class of 113 students, and today it is home to over 6,000 students from more than 100 countries.
17101 Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA