The Design District, one of Miami’s most uplifting areas, has over the last few decades risen to worldwide fame as a prime destination for arts, design, and fashion. Once part of Buena Vista and neighboring Wynwood and the Upper East Side areas, the District is now home to over 130 art galleries, top edge creative and architectural showrooms, luxury fashion houses, antique dealers, restaurants and cafés.
As part of this young and exciting community, Istituto Marangoni brings its fashion finesse to emerging trend-minded talents who want to express their creativity while learning key industry skills in its 21,900sq/ft building, in the heart of the Miami Design District (MDD).
With a highly qualified academic team combining European tutors and prominent local professionals, the School offers a two-year Associate of Arts in Fashion Studies, four-year Bachelors of Arts courses in Fashion Design, Fashion Styling, and Fashion Business, a Masters in Fashion & Luxury Brand Management, and a number of professional short courses throughout the academic year. The Miami School of Fashion offers students with an unprecedented opportunity for innovation, inspiration, and creativity to build a promising future within the fashion and design industry. Optional cross-school study abroad opportunities with Istituto Marangoni’s European schools are also available and provide an opportunity to learn via flexible credit-based study paths.
The School was carefully designed to meet the specific needs of students, faculty, and staff. Classrooms are equipped with top edge technological and audio-visual devices to provide students with an outstanding educational experience.
The School features different classrooms, including:
- Design classrooms: Designed to meet our students’ needs for drawing and design.
- Pattern-cutting studios: Where our Fashion Design courses take place. The studios are equipped with sewing machines, irons, and mannequins, among other features to enhance a hands-on, experiential learning.
- Theory classrooms: Where face-to-face instructional and lectures take place.
- Computer labs: Equipped with the finest computer machines and softwares to provide our students with access to numerous recourses.
Certainly, there is no one more appropriate than experts who are passionate about the real world of fashion and design to offer a first-class guidance to fashion and design education.
Since its establishment in 1935, Istituto Marangoni has focused on the combination of industry experience and academic accumulation along with a mix of creativity in design studios and an understanding of the needs of the real market. As a result, the School has both developed and successfully recruited a large number of professional lecturers. Apart from leading permanent lecturers, dozens of designers, photographers, stylists and business industry leaders such as Armani, Versace, Gucci, Dolce & Gabanna, Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior, Vera Wang, and TONI&GUY have all been invited to Istituto Marangoni as visiting speakers.
Such professionals join hands with Istituto Marangoni to carry out numerous projects while enriching students with their first-hand understanding of modern fashion companies, design studios, consulting firms, publishing agencies, among others. These professionals bring an immeasurable value into the lives of our students, who gain a thorough understanding of business specifics in the fashion and design industry while boosting their professional networks.
Mission and Goals
To excel as a center of professional and creative learning in the Fashion, Art, and Design industries and to sustain international industries by developing talented Istituto Marangoni Miami students from all over the world. We strive to achieve this mission by:
- Offering an extensive and detailed educational portfolio.
- Achieving the academic standards with modern and dynamic curricula focused on results.
- Integrating the spirit of ‘Italianess’ into the experience of students on a daily basis through both curricula and the school experience.
- Celebrating the global and multicultural reach of Italian culture through Fashion, Art, and Design.
- Supporting and developing the potential of our teaching and administrative staff, by means of constant and punctual training.
- Placing Istituto Marangoni Miami at the center of the Fashion, Art, and Design cultures, with the support and collaboration of Istituto Marangoni’s established network from international school locations in the leading world cultural capitals of: Milano, Firenze, Paris, London, Shanghai* and Shenzhen* (* Training centers).
- Further strengthening historical and recent connections with the most important companies and personalities in the luxury Fashion, Art and Design market.
Since 1935, this has been the mission of Istituto Marangoni, beginning with fashion and extending to design and fashion business, always with the aim of providing those who choose Istituto Marangoni institutes, schools, and centers for their training to express themselves creatively. Today, all Istituto Marangoni schools are part of an established and recognized aesthetic laboratory of European-style culture with a specifically Italian imprint.
Following in the footsteps of Istituto Marangoni’s international network of schools and training centers worldwide in enhancing talents since 1935, Istituto Marangoni Miami’s vision is to always be at the center of style, to drive student’s ambitions and dreams through creativity and innovation, to support creative industries worldwide, and to provide a solid and cross-disciplinary approach to education, research and business solutions in the world of Fashion, Design, and Art.