Mississippi College, affiliated with the Mississippi Baptist Convention, is a private, co-educational, Christian university of liberal arts and sciences. As the oldest institution of higher learning in Mississippi, MC has a long history of commitment to academic excellence and the cause of Christ.
Our vision is to be known as a university recognized for academic excellence and commitment to the cause of Christ.
Mississippi College was founded in 1826 and is the oldest institution of higher learning in the state of Mississippi.
- MONEY Magazine recently ranked MC #12 on their list of "The 20 Best Private Colleges for Merit Aid"
- Mississippi College is the state’s largest private university with over 5,000 students.
- In 1831, MC became the first coeducational college in the U.S. to grant a degree to a woman.
- Mississippi College is more affordable than you might think about our lower tuition and generous scholarship program.
- MC awards approximately $53 million in scholarships and financial aid each year.
- MC offers over 80 undergraduate options, more than 15 graduate degree programs, a first-class law school, a physician assistant program and more.
- 16:1 student-faculty ratio.
- You will find that a degree from Mississippi College holds weight with employers and can springboard you to anywhere you want to go.
- MC students gain acceptance into medical school at over twice the national average.
- Nearly 100% of Nursing graduates find employment within three months of graduation.
- The International Mission Board ranks MC as a top 10 school from which missionaries graduate and are under appointment.
- MC students volunteer more than 30,000 hours every year.
With our student body size, low cost of attendance, and strong academic reputation, MC is a rare find in the field of Christian higher education. Our aim is to infuse Christ into every aspect of our culture – in the classroom, throughout campus life, and in the hearts of our students.