The goal of the Business School at UW Tacoma is to offer a relevant, applicable and timely education that will immediately translate to the workforce in this region and beyond. We are proud to work and learn here and invite you to join us. Experience the difference a UW Tacoma Business degree can make in your future.
The undergraduate curriculum focuses on the learning outcomes of communication, quantitative analysis, financial skills, strategic thinking, ethics and business in society, global awareness, teamwork, technology, and professionalism; competencies identified by South Sound business leaders as essential to a successful career in business. The BABA offers concentrated studies in accounting, finance, management, marketing, and general business. Internship opportunities allow students to apply the skills learned in class to real-world work situations while gaining valuable experience.
The MBA curriculum provides current and future managers with the knowledge necessary to succeed in an increasingly dynamic and complex 21st-century business environment. The program integrates leadership, technological, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills. Students learn to assess trends in today's fast-paced business environment and to develop and implement change effectively. The part-time evening program is designed for working adults with busy lives and the need to balance school, work, and personal life.
The Milgard master of accounting (MAcc) program is designed to bolster accounting careers with a practical and research-based curriculum in public, corporate, government and not-for-profit sector accounting. Our program meets the academic year requirement to sit for the CPA exam--many of our MAcc students do! Conveniently offered weekday evenings, our courses are designed to enable students to obtain their MAcc degree in nine months.
The Milgard School of Business cultivates business leaders through cutting edge and personally accessible education, diverse scholarly exploration, and innovative community engagement while promoting social responsibility. We inspire students to become lifelong learners.
The Milgard School of Business transforms our communities through innovative thinking, compassionate leadership, and exemplary stakeholder engagement.
- Use high impact practices (https://www.aacu.org/leap/hips) to deliver on the promise of a transformational learning experience for students
- Create and disseminate knowledge through diverse intellectual contributions
- Offer distinctive programs and centers responsive to community needs and market demands
- Equip students for meaningful and successful careers
- Cultivate alumni to serve as ambassadors supporting the business community, one another and the school
- Invest in faculty and staff to optimize the potential in their careers and contributions to the school
- Bolster an inclusive culture built on trust, respect, collaboration, and constructive dialogue
Programs taught in: